When harvesting grapes to make wine the likelihood some of the juice will get on and stain clothing is extremely high, if not impossible to avoid. These stains can be extremely difficult to remove and cause a great deal of frustration. So, instead of dealing with all of that headache, we’ve decided to roll with the punches, because when life gives you grapes, you make wine! In this case, when you get red wine on your clothes, make the best of it and tie dye it with more of the juice!
DIY: Red Wine Tie Dye
white cloth items to dye
10 bottles of red wine
10 quart stock pot
1. TWIST the item into the pattern of your choice and tie in place using rubber bands.
2. POUR the wine into the large stock pot and turn heat to medium. Bring to a boil then turn on the heat.
3. LOWER the item slowly into the pot and fully immerse in the wine. Allow the item to sit in the wine
for at least 4 hours (or overnight for a deeper color). Stir the mixture roughly every 4 hours.
4. REMOVE the item from the pot, wringing it out lightly and place on a clean baking sheet.
5. PREHEAT the oven to 170 degrees and put in for 20-30 minutes or until dry. Check on items every 10
6. PLACE on an old towel after items have dried in the oven. Transfer to an ironing board (keeping the
towel between the ironing board and the dyed-item to prevent stainage). Iron the items to ensure
the color is entirely set into the fabric.
7. HAND WASH items in warm water to release any loose dye. Rinse in cold water
BY WINE AWESOMENESS