- olive oil
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb asparagus (1 medium bunch), cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease two baking sheets with olive oil. Arrange tomato halves cut side up on one sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange asparagus, onion, and garlic on the second baking sheet in one layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place both baking sheets in preheated oven and bake until asparagus and tomatoes are very tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While vegetables bake, combine the goat cheese with the cream or milk. Add chives and parsley.
- To make the quesadilla, spread on herbed goat cheese evenly on one tortilla. Add a layer of roasted tomato halves, asparagus, and onion. Spread a little more goat cheese on another tortilla and place on top of tortilla with vegetables.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a little oil to grease the skillet. Carefully place quesadilla in the skillet. Cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip quesadilla and cook until second side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.