If your summer cocktails have included muddled fresh herbs picked from your garden, shrubs from berries gathered at a pick-your-own farm, and juice hand-squeezed right before each drink is made, you’ve been working hard for your refreshment. You might want to take a break from the hard labor this Labor Day weekend and create cocktails that can be put together with just a few pours.
The makers of Ménage à Trois Vodka sent me labor-free cocktail ideas, and I shook a couple of them together in my kitchen the other night to see just how easy they were to make and how they tasted. I enjoyed both of these easy-to-make cocktails. Ménage à Trois’ vodkas are gluten free, and their fruit-flavored vodkas are made from all natural ingredients and real fruit, most of which comes from California where the vodkas are distilled.
- 1 1/2 parts citrus vodka
- 3/4 part blood orange juice (or regular orange juice if you want to buy it instead of squeezing your own to make it extra labor-free)
- 3/4 part sparkling wine
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka and juice.
- Shake and strain into a fluted glass.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with an orange twist, if desired.
- 3 parts berry vodka
- Extra-dry Vermouth
- 3 fresh raspberries
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka and two dashes of vermouth.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with raspberries.